March 14, 2019

Former Arsenal star Paul Merson: My life's fallen apart

Former Arsenal and Aston Villa star Paul Merson admits he's suffered a gambling addiction relapse.

In a new ITV documentary set to air next week on, the father-of-three reveals he has once again been gripped by gambling.

Speaking to producers of the show, Merson breaks down and says he is "struggling badly" with life.

He adds: "Life's fallen apart - gambling...I've just completely lost control, I've completely, again. I'm digging a hole - I can't get out of it.

"It's the worst addiction in the world."

He added: "It's so tiring it's unbelievable.

"Mentally draining, just sitting there, thinking where am I going to get more money to do this? It's like...it's literally like a crack addict. It is like a crack addict.

"Exactly like that.

"But, with crack, you couldn't spend that kind of money on crack, it's impossible. Impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment