Microgaming, the world’s largest provider of online gaming software, announces the re-brand of its main poker network to the ‘MPN’ and the launch of its new website.
The MPN, formerly called the Microgaming Poker Network, has undergone a significant transformation over the past two years, encompassing sweeping changes to its design, architecture and game offering.
Lydia Melton, Microgaming Head of Network Games, commented, “The rebrand of the network to MPN and the launch of the network website are both significant milestones for Microgaming poker.”
The rebrand to ‘MPN’ marks the culmination of a project, initiated in January 2010, which includes the following changes:
- A new poker lobby, designed for both beginner and advanced players, rolling out to operators over Q4 2012 and Q1 2013;
- A re-architecture of the poker platform, live January 2010;
- A new Flash client, rolling out alongside the new poker lobby;
- An HTML5 client;
- Blaze Poker;
- Anonymous Tables;
- Joint promotions with key operators, live December 2012;
- True Value, a unique and patent-pending rake allocation model;
- The formation of the Network Management Board, the industry’s first operator/network board, which works to shape the development roadmap and strategies for the entire MPN, and is now a year old.
The final steps in this process are the re-brand of the poker network and the launch of the network website. Success of the project can be clearly quantified. Over the last several weeks, announcements have been made for new operators joining the network, including Betsson, BetVictor and iGame Malta. Additional operators have signed with Microgaming and intend to launch over the coming weeks.
“We are approaching our 10th year in operation, and we are stronger than ever,” added Melton, “However, we will not be resting on our laurels. What we have done with all these changes is build the framework for a scalable and sustainable network. Now that the framework is in place, we are more flexible, resilient and adaptable to change.”