Unibet the Swedish online gambling operator has announced impressive results for the nine-month period January 1 to September 30, 2013, with net profits almost tripling and mobile revenues soaring. Here are the main points from Unibet:
· Gross winnings revenue amounted to GBP 56.1 (43.8) million for the third quarter of 2013 and GBP 169.5 (140.3) million for the period January to September 2013.
· Profit from operations for the third quarter 2013 amounted to GBP 9.2 (4.5) million and GBP 29.0 (22.6) million for the period January to September 2013.
· Profit before tax for the third quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 9.2 (4.0) million and GBP 27.9 (22.1) million for the period January to September 2013.
· Profit after tax for the third quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 8.2 (3.4) million and GBP 25.4 (19.8) million for the period January to September 2013.
· Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2013 were GBP 0.292 (0.120) and GBP 0.908 (0.710) for the period January to September 2013.
· Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 14.2 (8.7) million for the third quarter 2013 and GBP 43.4 (34.2) million for the period January to September 2013.
· Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 453,753 (382,378).
“28 per cent organic growth”
“Unibet delivered 28 per cent year on year growth in gross winnings revenue in the third quarter (22 per cent excluding the impact of exchange rate changes). This was achieved despite the excellent summer weather in many of our key markets and high numbers of favourites winning. The growth was wholly organic and demonstrates continued increases in market share.”
“It is also satisfying to report that underlying EBITDA for the third quarter increased in line with the growth in revenues, demonstrating improved scalability despite the significant investments Unibet has made in information mining, local regulation and in Kambi.”
“Unibet’s mobile offering continued to develop and mobile revenues represented 23 per cent of gross winnings revenue for the third quarter 2013 compared to 8 per cent for the same period last year. This proportion is significantly higher in certain key markets.”
“In the period up to 3 November, average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by over 21 per cent compared to the third quarter 2013”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.